A classic L. Francis Hereschoff H28 ketch.
Date Built: 1952
Built by: Built in Hobart by two cabinet makers under the watchful guidance of Jock Muir. Shamrock was completed and fitted out at Max Crease boatyard at Battery Point
Construction: Hull: Huon Pine
Current Location: HBYC, Williamstown, VictoriaHistory
Sailed in Tasmanian waters until she was sold to Michael and Margory Sullivan, who relocated her to Sandringham on Port Phillip Bay. After several years she was sold to Lex Bell, a member at Sandringham Yacht Club. He sailed the boat in club events and undertook cruises to Stanley and Refuge Cove, Wilsons Promontory.
In February 1976 she was purchased by Dean Langford. This began a long period of her life in the care of the Langford family at Williamstown. Sailing extensively on Port Phillip Bay, Dean taught his two sons Neil and Peter the joy of H28 sailing. Many summer family holidays were spent at Sorrento accompanied by Shamrock moored close by. She became a familiar site all over the Bay as father, sons and friends enjoyed numerous days sailing and weekends away on the Bay.
In 2001 Rod Fuller became part owner in Shamrock and gradually took over full ownership and responsibility for Shamrock. Moored at Hobsons Bay Yacht Club, Williamstown, Victoria, she has been on the club register since 1976.Details
- Hull – Huon Pine
- Masts & Spars: - Oregon
- Sails: Challenge Marblehead Dacron,
- Doyle:-Main, Mizzen & Headsail No.2.5, 2005
- Doyle:- Headsails, No. 1, 2007, No.3, 2014
- Doyle: - Headsail, No. 2, 2016
- Ryan: Headsail, No. 3, 2003
- Storm jib (year of manufacture unknown)
- Doyle: Sail and tiller covers
- Auxillary Power: Volvo Penta MD2020, 3 cylinder diesel
- Batteries 2 x 12V fully sealed lead acid, (New Feb. 2016)
- Propellor: 3 Blade bronze, in line
- Anchors: Bow CQR, 60 m of chain plus spare warp and chain
- Stern anchor:- CQR plus 10m chain and warp
- Water: 12 gallon st st tank
- Diesel: 12 gallon tank
- Navigation Eqpt.: Raymarine a Series "7" Chartplotter (new 2015),Garmin 12 GPS
- Galley: Stainless Steel sink
- Maxi two burner methylated spirit stove
- Head: TMC marine toilet
- Berths: 2 main saloon berths and 'V' berth up forward
- Safety Eqpt. 406MHz EPIRB, Lifebuoy, Dan Buoy, 4 x PFD1s, 2 x Fire extinguishers
- Registration: H140, Hobsons Bay Yacht Club, Williamstown, Victoria
- H28 Association Sailmaster series Winner 2003, 2004, 2005.
- Regular competitor in the CYAA Summer & Winter series
- HBYC races: Winner Bob Pilgrim Memorial Trophy 2012-2013, 2015-2016
- 3rd RM Smith Hot Pursuit Series 2014-2015
- Cruise to Westernport Bay 2008
- Cruise to Tasmania and Wooden Boat Festival Hobart participant 2009
- Geelong Wooden Boat Festival participant 2010, 2012
- Participated in numerous H28 Association events on Port Phillip Bay.
Contact: Rod Fuller, 0438529631